Dear heavens, I thought, it is going to be a long night. After Brayden spotted a couple of gifts with his name on them and, finally, confirming he had evaded the naugthy list for another year, I wrangled him back into bed promising that 7 am would come soon as long as he got some rest.
An hour later, Grayson ran in blurry eyed and mumbled, "Mom, Santa, came. I'm going to back to bed." Well, ok then. Grayson likes his sleep.
Morning finally came and the boys came bounding into our room ready to rip the paper to shreds.
Seeing their joy is so heart-warming. After every gift, Grayson would hug me and say, "Oh, thank you, mama. Merry Christmas." Utter sweetness.
Kennon had a great time tearing the paper to shreds. After he opened the giant train set he could have cared less what else was wrapped and waiting for him under the tree. He was in choo-choo heaven.
Christmas aftermath is a bit daunting, but when all you have to do all day is play with toys it isn't so bad.
Christmas breakfast. Very traditonal.
No comments:
Post a Comment