Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Brayden First Day of First Grade

Brayden was excited for his first day of 1st grade.  He grew so much over the summer - socially, behaviorially, physically and emotionally.  The day before we went to meet his teacher and drop off his school supplies.  He was so excited, but also played it cool.

He informed me that he may not want me to walk him in the first day of school.  I told him it was my parental duty to walk him in for as many years as I possibly could with out causing permenant psychological damage and that first grade was not the year - maybe 6th grade, but definitely not first.  Good grief, kids grow up fast these days. 

When I picked him up in the afternoon Brayden said he had a great first day of first grade. During after school snack he said, "Mom, we have a smart board thing in our class. It's a giant computer we learn from. How could you even learn in the old days? I mean, it must have been hard with nothing but a chalk board in the old days".  Umm, excuse me, old days.




No comments:

Post a Comment