Yes, I realize he is just turning 2, but his growth and progression is passing more quickly because he has the advantage of having an older brother to show him the ropes.
It seems to me I use the word 'sweet' to address or describe Grayson often. I've thought about that allot recently and the thing is there just isn't another word that describes him better for now. Yes, he is smart and handsome (what mother wouldn't say that about her child), but his personality sets him apart. Grayson is just full of love. He passes out hugs in the middle of playing without solicitation. As I push the cart through the grocery store he reaches out for a bear hug every other isle. He kisses baby Kennon and baby Matney about every 5 minutes (and, no, I am not exaggerating).
Because of his sweetness it is easy to celebrate his birthday continuously. We kicked the celebration off with a swim party at Brandon, Ashley and Matney's house a few days early. We will do something on his real birthday with just our immediate family and then have a special outing with all his other cousins later this month.
Grayson LOVES tractors and cows. When I say "LOVES" I mean he talks about them pretty much non-stop. The theme of the party started out as tractors, but evolved into a swim/farm theme quickly to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Papa G, Nannie B, Papa K, Brandon, Ashley and Matney joined us.
We started with cow, chick and piglet cupcakes. He did a great job blowing out his candles and really got into opening presents. I love that he takes time to appreciate and inspect each gift still rather than just throwing it to the side and rushing to the next gift.
He got a new backpack and lunch box for preschool in the fall with cows and tractors (picture to come on the first day of school, two great books, some really cool trucks that are like puzzles, some cold hard cash, clothes and a remote control dinosaur. We think the dinosaur was mostly for daddy.
After Brian/Daddy messed around taking 50 million twisty ties of the dinosaur parts and putting it together only to realize we didn't have the right batteries for it we headed outside for one more gift from Papa G and Nanny B.
On approach, it was covered by a large white cloth making it appear as a dead body awaiting a chalk line. Alas, this is how we disguise gifts in the county when wrapping paper just doesn't stretch far enough. He will learn quickly that a gift covered by a sheet, tarp or requiring a trip outside is pretty much always going to be good. And this one was.......he is the proud new owner of a JD tractor complete with trailer and all.
He and Brayden will have a ball working at Papa and Nanny's with their gator and tractor. So far, they take turns nicely.
We ended the party with swimming and a cookout. As only little Grayson does when Papa K got ready to leave he got off his new tractor and ran to him saying, "Tanked you, Papa, money" which translates to "Thank you, Papa, for the money." I did tell him to give Papa K a hug, but I didn't tell him to say thank you. He remembered to say thank you and exactly what Papa K gave him all on his own.
We attempted to get a family photo, but Grayson was having a not-so-sweet-moment when he wanted to swim.
We love you more than all the stars in the sky sweet baby GrayGray. Happy Birthday!


No comments:
Post a Comment