Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brian, Billy, Zac and Kenny

For Christmas Brian surprised me with tickets to the Zac Br*wn and K*nny Ch*sney concert in Kansas City.  After six months of waiting, we had an absolute blast once the day finally arrived in late July. 

It was smoldering hot.  The stadium was packed and we had a great time enjoying each other and the music.
Second only to a good country fair or an airport, there is no better place to people watch than a concert.  I had a little trouble paying attention to the music because I was distracted by the musings of our neighbors and other random crazies.

We made a mental note to wait several more years before taking the boys to a concert in hopes of putting off discussions about awkward should-be-only-in-private dance moves, strange walking patterns, obnoxiousness and other difficult-to-explain adult behaviors. 

Dressed for succes and just in case my dad asks, yes, I wore boots with a dress.  It's the style nowadays.



Brian and I can pack lots of fun into one weekend.  This particular weekend included dinner at a couple of our favorite spots, lunch dates, music and drinks at a great piano bar, shopping, long talks with good friends, a visit to the hospital where Brayden was born to celebrate the birth of a friends baby, breakfast in bed, ATLS testing for Brian, sleeping late and quiet reading time.

My favorites of the weekend, though, were long (uninterrupted) talks, holding hands and just enjoying each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment