Saturday, March 20, 2010
Happy Birthday, Brian/Daddy
We celebrated Brian's 35th birthday this weekend because he was on call on his actual birthday.
My parents graciously took the boys to spend the night last night so I could clean house and prepare a special meal for Brian's birthday. This morning I surprised him with a massage and pedicure. Once he was relaxed with silky smooth feet we went to his favorite sushi place for lunch and then a couple of his favorite hobby stores. This afternoon - in the quiet of our house - we sat on the couch and watched a movie that did not include animated characters. I made the ultimate sacrifice and said he could watch whatever he wanted and he chose GI Joe. Let me tell you...it was riveting. So much so that I managed to get in a nice 45 minute catnap and still managed to carry on enough conversation about the movie to act as though as I was really into it.
Tonight, Brian's dad, Kenneth, my parents and Ashley and Brandon came to help us celebrate. Papa G and Nanny B safely returned the boys home so they could celebrate too. As always, we loved everyone's company, shared a good meal and ended the night with Brian's favorite dessert - chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.
The final report tonight was "Thanks, honey, you made my birthday special." Ahhh, that was sweet. Brian deserves a special birthday because he works tirelessly for our family and we love him more for it every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment