Friday, September 24, 2010

Nighty Nighty Sleep Tight.....

At the end of each day as I tuck the boys into their beds and kiss them good night I silently reflect on our day - the happy moments, the hugs, kisses, conversations, laughs and learning moments, the raging fit moments, the incessant negotiating.  Most days, the happy moments prevail, but as much as it pains me to admit it there are other days the challenges three boys pose get the best of me.  I hate the moments when I yell or become inpatient.   Later, when the boys display the same inpatience and raise their voice with me I am reminded that I am their #1 influence and the behavior I display is the behavior they mimic very quickly.

In my nightly reflections of our day the end result is always the same.  Tomorrow offers a fresh new day to right my wrongs and make one more attempt at positive influencing my sweet, challenging, energetic, adorable boys.  It is so easy to gain a new and fresh perspective when the faces I kiss each night are as sweet as the faces below.  

A face of innocence by night....not so much by day.

Little Grayson still doesn't get the "big boy bed" thing.  We "tuck" him in on the floor nightly.


Paci and head to the side - Kennon's favorite sleep position. 
The commentary above really doesn't apply to Kennon (yet).



No comments:

Post a Comment