He proceeded to tell me all about his new favorite movie and how much fun he had watching it with Uncle Meme. I wanted to karate chop Brandon's head.
The kicking and punching tapered off of the next few days, but, still Brayden talked about the movie and started asking about karate lessons. So, I began to research.
I learned quickly that karate is far more than karate chops. It teaches respect, courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control and so much more - attributes we work on at home, but can always use reinforcement. Why not give it a try.
Ten weeks later Brayden was ready to test for his first belt. In those 10 weeks he showed improvement in every area and has found something he really enjoys. I was so proud watching him stand in front of the class and all the parents and respectfully respond to the instructors questions. Progress, oh how I love progress.
Ahhh, ya!
Working on his kicks.
Accepting his certificate and yellow belt.
Proud daddy, proud Brayden. Tearful photographer not pictured.
No comments:
Post a Comment