Friday, December 10, 2010

Turkey Day Fun

Brian and I hosted Thanksgiving this year for the B family.  I had every intention to take before and after pictures of the food preparation to keep track of the menu.  In the process of cooking, keeping the house spotless and taking care of the boys I failed at my picture taking attempts.  I did manage to take pictures of the kids enjoying the meal.

As I cooked I thought about Sondra, my mother-in-law, and how she never let anyone bring anything and, yet, made meal preparation for so many people look so easy.  I wished she was here so I could ask how she made that happen and what she did when she used to have three little kids running around.

After three years, I think we all still feel a certain emptiness in her absence, but I think she would be proud of our perseverance.  In some ways, her absence made the rest of us much closer.  I love how the kids play together. It reminds me of all the fun I used to have (and still do) with my cousins.  Case in point....

Brayden sat at the dining room window for 35 minutes waiting for everyone to arrive. 


We made Indian headbands earlier in the day to pass the time.  Grayson was the only one to wear his and I think he slept in it that night.


The younger kids sat at the kids table.


Cooper, Riley and Brittany sat at the bar.


Macy and Lilah looked pretty, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment