Here he is looking very fancy with his martini. A nice little break from the standard Bud Light.
Brian and I arrived to the party a little after everyone else because we stopped by the nursing home to visit my grandmas. We were in a rush driving there and I fumbled around in the car (yes, I was driving) for my lipstick. I smeared it on heavy and thought to myself "I don't remember my lipstick being so worn down."
Once we got to the party - as married couples do - we walked into the house and went our separate ways. I talked with the girls and walked around the house looking at Martha's Christmas decorations and the babies nursery-in-progress. We all complimented each others cute outfits and hair. Twenty minutes later we return to the kitchen and join in the guys conversation.
As I smarted off to Brandon about something he turned to look at me and said:
Brandon: "So, how much did that crap cost you."
Me: "What?"
Brandon: pointing at my lips "that white crap on your lips..how much did it cost?"
Me: as I put my hand to my lips and look at my fingers, looking down and then laughing hysterically "Oh crap, I put on white concealer." Really, Abby, geesh.
Then, I realized that I just spent 20 minutes talking to three women who didn't bother to tell me my lips looked ridiculous. These are women I've known since we were born. We have traveled together, shared stories about love, marriage and having babies. These are women I trust. Ashley is my only sister who has been so brutally honest at times it almost hurt. What were they thinking? Traitors!
They claimed they thought I was trying a new trend. Really? I could never claim to be that much of a trend setter.
After everyone had a good laugh at my expense the night continued and we had a really great time.
Brandon and Ashley
Kelby telling another wild story and cute, pregnant Martha listening intently.
Aweful picture of Brian and I (sans white lipstick).
Darian playing with fire while he preps are vanilla creme brulee. I failed to get a picture of Sarah with Darian.
No comments:
Post a Comment